Monday, December 10, 2007

Being a Father...

Means that you do gross stuff that you never would have done when you weren't a father.

For instance, Nathan caught a stomach bug this weekend. At 2406 hours on Sunday morning I awoke from a sound sleep because I heard my lovely baby boy make a gagging sound. I threw the sheets off and ran into his room so fast that I think stuff fell off my nightstand. As I entered his room he was sitting up and I had time enough to cup my hands under his chin and catch the emesis as it left him.

Fatherhood . . .

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Being a babysitter....not at all the same, I realize this. But, my "favorite" gross moment as a babysitter had to be when the 18 month-old boy I was watching had diarrhea. IN THE BATHTUB. WHILE I WAS TRYING TO GIVE HIM A BATH. Awesome.

Aaron said...

Nate performed a #2 in the tub a week or so ago as Kim was bathing him. She lifted him out and made me remove the floater. . . wimp.

Nate M. said...

You know you're serious about time management when you know the time of an unexpected night sound to the minute.

Aaron said...

I always glance at the clock when I wake up in the middle of the night. Certain times are burned into your memory too. . . At 2406 hrs on Sunday, December 9th I caught puke in my bare hands.