Thursday, August 7, 2008

Parade Run

I felt sluggish from the gun in the 82 degree temps, 53% humidity and NNE 9 mph wind. I hit the mile in about 5:57 and followed up with a 6:03, by my watch. When they posted results from the chip timing my official time was 11:59.68 but on the website they rounded all the times up or down and my time is 12:00. Bastards.

I won the 30-34 age group by about 1:20. This is the only race where I have a complete set of age group awards. 2nd and 3rd in 25-29 and 1st in 30-34. Coolness.

2 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

atta boy winning the age group man. Yea i couldnt sprint 2 miles right now if there was a gun to my head. after i finnally start getting better I am wondering what my pace will be. gotta go back up the mountain i guess. I got a called from the Polka Pace Race people about having a free entry but I had to tell them no-go, own that race for me will ya?!?!

Aaron said...

I'm going to try. I've run pretty well there the last few years so I'm hoping to continue that trend.