Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rushed

I can't type much because it is late and my wife wants to use the computer. I got up Monday morning and ran five miles. It was cool and slightly breezy and I should have worn a t-shirt instead of a sleeveless shirt. I ran an easy 5 miles in 42:17 with splits of 8:50, 8:16, 8:25, 8:25 and 8:21. I had a hard time making myself slow down as I kept reliving my race.

Tonight I did the 45 minute Core Secrets workout and a 9 mile bike ride. My left knee has been feeling gimpy the last week or so and I exacerbated the situation by banging the hell out of it on my desk this afternoon. I don't think I yelled a profanity but I sure as heck thought one real loud.

I'm going to get up tomorrow and run another easy 5 and do the 25 minute core secrets workout when I get home.

2 comments:

Nate M. said...

Keep reliving that race- you ran great.

And take care of that knee. If you can stay healthy, I suspect you'll be running some fast times this Summer and Fall.

Aaron said...

I hope I keep improving. I am pretty sure that I can get close to what I was running before I quit. My 10k PR of 39:46 is definitely in reach. My mile, two mile and 5k times may be a little hard to beat but who knows?