Monday, October 8, 2007

2 x 1.5 Cruising

I arose at 0500 today and treated myself to a cruise interval practice. It was a pleasant 65 degrees with 80% humidity and a slight breeze out of the south. I warmed up with two miles in 16:30, stretched out for a minute and took off. I ran my first 1.5 mile interval in 9:49 with a mile split of 6:33 and a half mile split of 3:16. I felt pretty good and was excited to run the next one but didn't take into account that the bike trail was COMPLETELY OBSCURED IN DARKNESS!!! I forgot to grab my headlight when I left and since I rolled my ankle on the bike trail a year or two ago by stepping on a stick I couldn't see I have been paranoid ever since. I hit the first half mile of the second interval in 3:14 but got a little freaked out and slowed my turnover down the next half and was unable to recover any time when I finally got to where I could see anything. I ran my last mile in 6:44 for a total time of 9:58. Dang it!

I cooled down with an 8:29 mile, stretched out, drank some coffee, forgot to eat breakfast and left for work. How did I forget to eat breakfast? I was more interested in coffee, shaving, showering and getting my lunch together. I've gone so far as to get my cereal out of the pantry, then been distracted by my son and after taking care of him have left the house and not realized I was hungry until getting to work.

Having kids makes you pretty stupid.

I always remember to drink my coffee though.

1 comment:

Nate M. said...

Nice workout. I think you're going to keep getting faster in the years to come. I feel like you're putting in some really impressive workouts lately.