Saturday, October 13, 2007

Jordan Update

Jordan ran the Patriot Invitational today at Detweiller Park in Peoria. He took the lead at the half mile mark and it became a three man race between him, Brian Peterson of Fieldcrest and Dustin Emerick from my alma mater, Elmwood. Peterson and Emerick pulled away toward the two mile mark and he let them go because he thought they would come back to him on mile three. Peterson outkicked Emerick 14:58 to 15:03 (which is third all time on Detweiller for my high school's list) and Jordan took third in 15:22. He hit his first mile in 4:58 and two in 10:04. In the space of about five days Jordan has run 15:17 and 15:22. I think he's got a pretty good shot at going under 15:00 at State if he can work on running stronger during mile three. Good job again, Jordan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good commentary, Mr. Durden.

Aaron said...

Uh oh, someone from the PJStar forums found my blog.

Nate M. said...

Nice job to young Master P. That's smoking.

Aaron said...

I'm mostly impressed that he ran as fast as he did TWICE in one week. Peterson and Emerick ran Amboy on Monday but ran 5:08 and 5:14 pace for 2.9 miles. I don't know how rough Amboy's course is but Jordan ran his 15:17 alone.

I'm getting pretty excited for November to roll around.

Jordan, watch out for coffee tables!