Monday, April 14, 2008

Notice of Silence and one more "wow" moment.

I will not be posting over the next few days as my wife is going to a conference in Florida tomorrow and taking the laptop with her. She'll be back late Thursday night so I probably won't post again until sometime this weekend.

Don't miss me too much.

The other "wow" moment I am speaking of is that of Chris Derrick, the Illinois 3A state champion from Naperville Nequa Valley High School who ran 13:52 at Detweiller, just ran 5000 meters at an in-season high school track meet (Arcadia Invite) in 13:55. His two mile split (9:03) would have placed him 6th in the open two mile race, and then he closed with a 4:22 mile and ran the last 200 in 30 flat.

Stanford is going to be pretty good next year.

2 comments:

Nate M. said...

My understanding is that Derrick's last 3200 was 8:59. That's remarkable.

Aaron said...

He's a stud. He ran 8:51 or something as a junior last year.