Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I can't think of much to write about today that will be amusing. I ran an easy five yesterday morning in 41:27 with splits of 8:23, 8:23, 8:11, 8:12 and 8:18. It got a little warm the last 3 miles because the nice 14 mph wind from the South was at my back and it was 78 with 78% humidity and the sun was beating down. I was happy to finish up yesterday.

This morning I ran a tempo run. I ran a mile warm up in 8:33 and stretched a bit. My new tempo pace associated with my VDOT is 6:44. I started my three mile tempo with a 6:45.19 mile and then hit mile two in 6:44.17. Mile three was covered in 6:45.76 and then I ran a cool-down mile in 8:35. I felt pretty good and didn't strain too much, it was comfortably hard like it was supposed to be.

Last night Kim and I watched "Black Snake Moan" with Samuel L. Jackson and a nymphomaniac Christina Ricci who showed an awful lot of skin during the course of the film. It was a pretty good movie with a GREAT soundtrack and a nice performance by Jackson. I don't usually care for him too much most of the time because he always seems to be playing his character from "Pulp Fiction".

Jackson's character has just had his wife run out on him with his younger brother and finds Ricci's character, beat up and unconscious, on the side of the road in a semi-nude state. He takes her into his house where he takes care of her because she has pneumonia and is feverish. She keeps having nightmares about childhood abuse and wandering around the house and after she comes on to Jackson during one of her episodes he chains her to the radiator.

I'll just leave it at that for now. It sounds like a bizarre movie, and it is, but I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Nate M. said...

One of my favorite Chapelle skits was his Samuel Jackson beer. Hilarious.

Aaron said...

Yeah, that was a pretty funny skit. I also like the ones with Lil' John.

HUWHAT!!???

mainou said...

MMMMMMhmmm!

I also love, when he goes: "A shark ate me!"