Sunday, July 8, 2007

Partying

Since my last post my house has been busy. Thursday we left Nathan at daycare so we could go get him birthday presents. I got him a Fisher Price dumptruck just like the one I had when I was little. We also got him a tent that is shaped like Thomas the Tank Engine, a choo-choo train that you put shapes into, a "pop-corn popper" push toy that counts and a Sesame St. TV remote that sings and counts and does other things that will probably annoy us about 15 minutes after we take it out of the box. Needless to say, we didn't buy extra batteries.

Friday was spent sweeping, mopping, dusting and carpet shampooing. Saturday afternoon we had Nathan's first birthday party with friends and assorted family members. We celebrated a few days early because the actual day is Tuesday and we didn't think family would have wanted to drive down from Peoria on a week night. Nathan got a bunch of cool clothes, balls, beach toys, books and a Thomas the Tank Engine toy that he can sit on and push around. It makes whistling and tooting noises and also plays the theme song to the TV show. Of course the song button is his favorite one to push and I'm sure everyone who attended the party has found themselves humming, whistling or singing (if they know the words) the tune.

"They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight.
While something something or hauling freight
Something something something something
Its Thomas and his friends!"

It really annoys me because I know just enough of the words to get it stuck in an infinity loop but not enough to knock it off.

Friday morning I got up and ran a ten mile run on the bike trail and felt pretty good two days after the race. I took it easy on the way out to the turnaround point and covered the first five in 41:38. I picked it up only a bit on the way back in and ran the last five in 40:39. I finished in 1:22:18 and felt pretty good but slightly dehydrated.

Saturday morning I ran an easy six in 50:12 after getting off to a sluggish start. I hit my splits in 8:49, 8:31, 8:25, 8:17, 8:06 and 8:04. I started daydreaming the last two and let myself go.

Today I think I'm going to take a bike ride and maybe do some yoga or the core secrets workout.

I found the results to the Premier Bank 5k I ran on Wednesday and after looking at them for a minute I think that they left someone out ahead of me. I was given an official time of 19:42 and Yellow Shorts and the Bionic Woman were in the two spots ahead of me but Yellow Shorts was given a time of 19:30 and he only passed me the last 300-400 meters of the race and didn't get 12 seconds ahead of me. The Bionic Woman kicked my butt but didn't kick to the tune of 34 seconds. I think that there was either a bandit or a finishing tag was dropped between the chute and the scoring computer. Results are here.

This is the last week of my vacation and I have no idea what we're going to do. I'm going to get a few good workouts in and finish repairing my popped nails. I think Kim wants to go see the new Harry Potter movie too.

3 comments:

Nate M. said...

Wow... it's hard to believe that Nathan is already a year-old. That's amazing. Happy Birthday to the litte guy.

mainou said...

Tonka trucks are so cool.

Aaron said...

It is very hard to believe that my little boy is a year old already. A year ago he was this human shaped eating-sleeping-pooping machine and now he's crawling around at just below the speed of light, gabbing and letting his little personality show through. Unfortunately, he acts like me but the good thing is, he looks like his mommy so he can get away with it.

I was going to get him the biggest Tonka truck at Toys 'R Us but I figured he'd just smash his face on it and I'd feel bad. Maybe I'll get it for him for Christmas. One way or the other, he's getting the biggest Tonka truck at the store.