Monday, February 11, 2008

2x200 + 400 + 800 + 400 + 2x200

18 degrees, Wind: East 13mph, 47% humidity, wind chill: 5 degrees.

I warmed up with an easy mile in 8:11.31 followed by another mile, with accelerations on the straights, in 7:44.31. I popped my back and worked a few kinks out for 2:00 and started my practice as I started getting cold. . .er.

200= 40.94
200 recovery= 1:15
200= 42.11
200 recovery= 1:15
400= 1:22.93
400 recovery= 2:30
800= 2:47.21
800 recovery= 4:45
400= 1:23.74
400 recovery= 2:35
200= 41.23
200 recovery= 1:20
200= 40.72
200 recovery= 1:16

Cool down mile= 8:20.17

Recap:

-Six miles total.
-Nose and other soft tissues slightly chilled.
-Second 200 and 800 reps slightly slower than I wanted but only by a few tenths of a second.
-I'm quite happy with this practice, especially since it was so darn cold. With the track situated so the straights run north-south I felt like I had a bitter crosswind the whole time with the wind coming from the east.

Tomorrow: Total Gym, no running.
Wednesday: 3x1 mile at 6:32 with 1:00 breaks between.
Thursday: Valentines Day. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Flowers? Wine?
Friday: Easy fiver.
Saturday: Eleven.
Sunday: Easy four, Total Gym.

8 comments:

Nate M. said...

Aaron, have you ever thought about using a group-accessible, online running log like runningahead.com?

Aaron said...

I looked at one on active.com but didn't like it. I'll check that one out. Are you on runningahead.com or are you just suggesting it?

Nate M. said...

No, I'm not on it, but I'd consider getting on it. I sometimes read the messageboard at North Central's unofficial XC website, and I saw that a number of the alums use it. I'm not really interested in joining their group, but if you were using something like that, I'd consider it. Thought it could be fun.

Aaron said...

I looked at the sample page and it looked busy. Lots of graphs and tables. I'll give it a shot if it is free.

Nate M. said...

Well, given that you pretty much outline your training log on here, I guess it makes more sense for me just to respond in kind.

I've had a good week of running so far (about 19 miles M-W), but before my run tonight, I think I tweaked my hammy. I was reaching into the laundry basket to get my running gloves out (I was going to wash them after my Monday run but hadn't got around to it). It's kind of in an awkward position, and as I was bending over to get it, I sort of felt a snag. I didn't think anything of it and just went for my run. I ran an easy 5.2 in about 41 minutes. I felt fine for most of it, but in the last 2 minutes or so, my hammy felt just a little tender. When I finished, it tightened up a bit. Nothing bad, but I think I'll take tomorrow off as scheduled, and I might ride instead of running on Friday if the weather allows it.

Aaron said...

How's your groin? That was bothering you last week. You must be getting old or something.

Nate M. said...

Time flies- it was actually almost three weeks ago (Jan 27) that I wrote that about my groin. It hasn't bothered me since.

Even so, yes, I am getting old.

Nate M. said...

I'm also prone to whining about minor aches and pains. I'm really, really bad about.