Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fiver

I got up this morning and ran an easy five before work. It was 73 or so with very little wind and 90% humidity so I ran easy and didn't push the pace. My legs felt pretty good and I hit my splits in 8:50, 8:40, 8:23, 8:18 and 8:04. I ran 42:16 which is actually ten seconds slower than I ran my 10k on Sunday morning.

Tomorrow morning I am going to go to the track and run 6x400 in 85 seconds each. I am moving up my VDOT intensity based on my mile and two mile races from the last few weeks. My two mile time gives me a VDOT of 52, which is one level above my present level, and my mile time gives me a VDOT of 54. I've decided that jumping three levels is probably a bad idea so I am going to see how level 52 feels and gradually work my way up from there. Even if I run the PPR in 18:50 that will only give me a VDOT of 53. I want to avoid injury at all costs so I'm going to play it safe.

1 comment:

Nate M. said...

A few weeks before your last major race of the season, I think your wise not to bump anything up too much.