Saturday, August 4, 2007

A much smarter run

I staggered out of bed a little before 0700 and set out for my eight mile run. The temperature and heat index were a little cooler this morning than they were last night at 71, E4 and 75% humidity. I started off easy and got faster as I went along but ran much smarter than I did last night. I ran my eight in 1:06:03 and hit my splits in 8:46, 8:15, 8:16, 8:16, 8:08, 8:20, 7:54(oops, I was trying to catch someone ahead of me), and 8:08. I felt pretty good afterward and the knee only gave me a brief bit of stiffness the last two miles.

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my wife and kid and relaxing. Nathan and I ran the vacuum cleaner while Kim ran a few errands and then we had lunch and shared some strawberry yogurt for dessert.

Exciting stuff.

2 comments:

Nate M. said...

Nice run.

And you're a healthy role model for us all. I briefly considered peach yogurt for dessert today, but I decided to go with peanut butter cookies instead.

Aaron said...

Nathan is on antibiotics again for an ear infection and I figured yogurt would be good for his tummy. He loves strawberries so it was a win-win. I try to eat healthy but I splurge quite a bit. I had a buffalo chicken burger from Ruby Tuesdays with french fries, a salad and a "tall" Blue Moon ale for dinner. Nathan has learned that he can throw food and managed to throw a piece of ham into my beer mug last night. He keeps getting his hand swatted and scolded but it doesn't seem to deter him for too long. Looks like we're going to be eating at home until he learns a new trick.