Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hooray!!!

I just got back from an easy fiver in the drizzle. It was a nice night at about 47 with a slight wind out of the WSW and an intermittent drizzle that beaded up quite nicely on my jacket. I did some lunges and some front kicks for a warm-up and then oozed my way through an 8:32 first mile followed by and 8:35 mile that felt much faster in the dark. After that I got into a groove and ran an 8:00 mile before finishing my last two in 15:58 for a total time of 41:05.

The best part of all, no pain and very little stiffness in my left knee. Saturday morning, if I get up early enough, I'll try to get 6 miles in at Detweiller Park. Sunday morning, before I go to work that afternoon, I will try for 8.

The missing ingredient in my training this year has been a consistent amount of strength training. The last two years I did yoga and the Core Secrets Workout (with Gunnar Peterson) at least twice a week. I've done maybe two Core Secrets workouts and two yoga sessions in 2008.

I think I'm onto something.

No comments: