Sunday, March 16, 2008

It was never snowing....

We were in Peoria yesterday to get a four generation picture of all the men in the family and since we spent Friday night at my in-laws' house I ran 5 miles on the Detweiller cross country course. When I was in high school we always ran at Detweiller at least three times a season, and more if we made State. Unfortunately for me, I never made State CC and never ran the course when it was snowing, until yesterday.

We have had a few nice days in the upper 50s and low 60s until yesterday when we only had a high of 45. I started my run at Detweiller about 0730 and by the time I finished my run 41 minutes later, the ground had a thin powdering of snow. It was a bit surreal at times as I kept reliving high school races during my run. I had a few good races on the course and more than a few bad ones but in retrospect, I always had a good time.

My knee was great the whole time and I am starting to worry less about the half marathon coming up in less than three weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.