Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Seven and a Brief Shoe Evaluation.

Thanks to temps in the upper forties I had a pretty pleasant seven mile run tonight in 55:19. I started off a little faster than I needed and wasn 't able to slow down too much. I think my legs are rested and ready to run some fast stuff, maybe I'll do a short tempo run next week to knock the rust off before my half marathon. I ran my mile splits today in: 7:53, 7:52, 8:04, 8:09, 8:00, 7:52, and 7:29. I felt pretty good. The knee got a little stiff the last mile or two but didn't hurt.

The final verdict on the Adidas Supernova Cushion 7s is that I like them. They are light and feel more like a beefier racing flat than a cushioned shoe. They feel fast. I liked the Supernova Cushion 6s but they felt less responsive than the 7s. I also think that the 7s are slightly more firm and the upper is more airy. I think they would be a good, light shoe to run a marathon in.

5 comments:

Nate M. said...

I need to find a flat that would work 15K to marathon. In an effort to be frugal, I've been racing in trainers in recent years.

Aaron said...

I raced in trainers until last summer when I broke down and bought some flats. I don't think my flats are much good for anything over a 10K. I ran my 15K in them but they would have given me blisters if I'd run much further.

Nate M. said...

You're probably right. It's probably not worth the investment for what I'm doing anyway.

Nate M. said...

By the way, I like the new calendar and PR features on your blog.

Aaron said...

I stole the calendar idea from John. The PRs are just to show people that they can beat me at the long stuff. Although I'm hoping that the half marathon, and possibly the ten mile, PRs will fall in a few weeks.