Monday, March 17, 2008

Less than three weeks

My half marathon is in about 19 days. My left knee/IT band feels pretty good but is a little sore after my 8 miles yesterday. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about but I am going to monitor the situation and keep working the rehab.

I ran my 8 in a pretty relaxed 1:04:37 with splits of: 8:03, 8:03, 8:15, 8:15, 8:14, 8:12, 7:47 and 7:46. I felt pretty good the whole time but wasn't able to stretch out afterwards because I had to get ready to go into work.

This weekend is the week where the running club runs the Lincoln Memorial Half Marathon course as a practice run and I am debating whether or not to partake. A link to the course is here. I think I am going to stay at home and test my knee on a ten miler instead of running 13.1 on the hills two weeks before the race.

Any advice leading into the homestretch? I'm open to it.

6 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

Thanks for the support. It was feeling good today and I had to talk myself out of running. It was tough. With a last name like Sarff, you must be from around Havana...my old stompin grounds.

Aaron said...

I grew up in the Elmwood/Brimfield area and graduated from Elmwood. My Dad's side of the family is from Havana and my grandparents still live there. The Polka Pace Race is one of my favorite races. I usually plan my season to run well there.

Nate M. said...

Sorry I missed the opportunity to give any advice, though I doubt I would've had any to offer. I've had a wicked cold that spawned a respiratory infection. Haven't run since a 14-miler last Wednesday but hoping to get back out there tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some timely advice after my own half next Sunday.

Aaron said...

That's alright. If my knee survives this weekend's ten miler I will do a short tempo run next week just to get rid of the rust and rev the engine.

I hope you're feeling better. You better get a race report out pretty quick after your half.

Nate M. said...

I tend to be pretty healthy. This is the sickest I've been in years. It started as a bad cold, but when it got into my lungs, I was in really bad shape. Stephanie says it's the sickest I've been since she met me, and I'd say that you could go a lot further back than that. I don't think I've had something that would keep me from running for a week straight since I started running seriously in high school.

Aaron said...

I bet that you used to get more sleep before you started med. school. I'm sure that has a bit to do with getting sick.